Sunday, November 4, 2012

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH BLOGGER?

TWICE TONIGHT, I HAD A POST FOR TOMMIE AGEE JUST ABOUT COMPLETED, WHEN IN THE MIDDLE OF TYPING, ALL THE TEXT AND IMAGES WERE REPLACED BY A FEW RANDOM CHARACTERS. 

SO I PRESSED 'CLOSE' AND GOT A POP-UP WINDOW SAYING 'YOU HAVE CHANGES THAT WILL BE LOST'. FINE, I THOUGHT. I'LL JUST RE-OPEN IT AND RESUME FROM THE LAST SAVEPOINT. 

WHEN I OPENED THE POST, ALL THAT WAS THERE WERE THE RANDOM CHARACTERS (THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE 'LOST' WHEN I CLOSED THE FILE). 

THE SECOND TIME AROUND, I SAVED MY WORK AFTER EVERY SENTENCE, BUT LOST IT ALL AGAIN. 

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH BLOGGER? 


SO HERE IS TONIGHT'S POST. IT'S ALL I CAN MUSTER AT THIS POINT. 



I MAY OR MAY NOT POST HERE AGAIN. I SUPPOSE I COULD COMPOSE MY POSTS IN WORDPAD AND PASTE HERE, BUT THAT'S AN EXTRA STEP THAT I DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING, NOR SHOULD I HAVE TO. 

JIM FROM DOWNINGTOWN ....OUT!
 

2 comments:

Cory said...

Been there!

Blogger reset everything on me around a month ago and would not show my posts when I wanted them to show, it reset all my stats and goofed up other crap.

After It finally figured itself out(I don't know what it was but It went away somehow) I just started posting as usual.

Try clearing your browser cache and logging out of Google before you do.

It did a lot of weird stuff and I put a couple of rant posts up but I removed them after it settled down.

Try the cache thing I talked about.

Blogger's a bitch!

Cory said...

And don't be surprised if it only lets you put up one post per page either.

It did that for 3 of my posts and I was tearing my hair out trying to figure it out(Never did find the issue).

I think I might have also saved my template and downloaded my blog and then deleted it. Then, I imported it back into Blogger and it straightened up after that.

Please read the Blogger help section before doing what I did with mine. They have the correct steps to go about it.

Good luck.